Individual, couple, and family therapy
Now offering Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
Thanks for visiting my site! This website is designed to help you determine whether I would be a proper fit for you and/or your loved one(s). I believe that counseling is a personal journey; each client must determine for his or herself who they'd like to take along the way.
My philosophical standpoint emphasizes empowering clients to realize the changes they'd like to make. Life experiences, no matter how challenging, have provided each of us with invaluable information about life and ourselves that is ready to be utilized. I work to tap into this store of knowledge so that my clients can attain their full potential.
Therapy can help you to gain tools to address your current difficulties, patterns, and roadblocks. I'd feel privileged to join you on this journey.
My Ideal Client
I truly appreciate working with clients who are motivated and committed to making change as therapy is not an easy process. My ideal clients are willing to work for a life of peace, fun, contentment, positive/ fulfilling interactions with other, responsibility, self control, and thoughts/behaviors that are reasonable, helpful and healthy. Clients who have decided that they do not want to settle anymore for the status quo or who no longer wish to be ruled by anxiety, fear, depression, hurt, anger, sadness, disappointment, negative thoughts or behaviors, dysfunctional relationships, etc. I work with ages 12 and up on a variety of issues which include adjustment/phase of life issues, anxiety, trauma, depression, emotional regulation, stress management, work related issues, family and couple issues, life enhancement and more.
My practice has limitations:
While I would love to be able to help everyone, unfortunately, I cannot due to my practice's limitations.
My practice cannot assist those suffering with:
- active or recent addictions and/or substance abuse or dependence (you'd likely want someone with a SAP or CAP credential behind their name or someone who specializes in that area of treatment)
- active domestic violence (couples who's relationship contains domestic violence should never be seen for couple's counseling - research shows that it is counterindicated and that individual therapy is needed to teach coping prior to couple's therapy)
- psychosis (Group practices and clinics with a psychiatrist on hand are best equipped to help with this)
- personality disorders
- active legal issues that require an expert opinion (e.g. custody wars, disability, court mandated therapy, etc) (There are therapist who specialize in this type of matter. I do not and will not)
- disability who need disability determinations (There are therapist who specialie in this type of matter. I do not and will not.)